"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." -Matthew 6:33

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." -Jeremiah 29:11

9.20.2011

Say not ye, There are yet four months...

WHEW.

God is moving.

...and He's moving fast.

I cannot begin to describe the amazing presence of God we have been experiencing at the Lighthouse Church. During a recent prayer meeting God gave me a verse that I have heard and read many times before...
       
      "Say not ye, There are four months, and then cometh harvest? Behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest." -John 4:35

 When grain is ripe, it turns from a greenish color to a golden yellow color and continues to get lighter the longer it sits; when the grain is white, it's almost too late to harvest. ...Almost TOO LATE to harvest. Ugh. This hit me, and it hit me HARD. How many times have I thought, ...Oh, I have plenty of time to reach my neighbor/co-worker/family member... I'll talk to them about God someday and maybe I'll be able to get them to come to church with me...? The fields are already white, there's not that much time left. WHAT am I going to do about it!??!? Nothing? Just sit back and be "at ease in Zion"?? Just go on about duties in life and hope that they will maybe mention something about God or church to me?? Ummmmm.... I'm sorry but NO. God has spoken to us directly time and time and TIME again saying that He has given us the land, it's ours to go out and possess. Ok, so God has given us a promise.


SO LET'S DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


RAWWWWWRRRRR!!!!!!


It's TIME to get involved!!! It's time to give 150% and then some. It's time to let the purpose of Christ consume you. It's time to exercise spiritual discipline. Daily prayer, daily Bible reading, weekly fasting. It's time for CONSISTENCY. Accountability. Responsibility. Passion. Hunger. DESIRE. I promise you God has SOMETHING for you to do. And I promise you that there ARE young people who are PASSIONATE about the things of God and who are headed in the direction God is moving at 150mph. We have prepared ourselves, we are READY for the fight, we WON'T give up, we won't turn around, we WON'T back down. There's NOT room for compromise. We won't leave ANYONE behind. It's ALL or NOTHING around here... =) ALL or NOTHING. and we choose ALL. We will give ALL of ourselves to God, EVERYTHING; not keeping anything back for ourselves. This is not the time for carnality. mmmm-hhhhm. I said it. We don't have time for carnal young people. We love you and want you to be saved. BUT. If you don't want what God has for us during these last days, then go your own way. We can't allow your spirit to slow us down or stop us because GOD has a work to do!!!

I am SO EXCITED ABOUT WHAT GOD IS DOING.

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT WHAT GOD IS DOING!!!

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT WHAT GOD IS DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are in the LCA boot camp and are reading this... Thank you. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU. Thank you for leading us to where God wants us to go. Thank you for taking the challenge and standing on the battle lines. I believe in each and every one of you. We've got what it takes, we're not going to lose this one. The devil, bless his heart... is scared to DEATH. and THAT is something to smile about. =) We will fight, we will overcome, we WILL possess the land!! Let's DO it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?... Is there not a cause?? - I Samuel 17


...and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? - Esther 4:14


Passionate in Christ,
Whitney N. Ward =)

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I talked to a guy at school today for a while about our youth group, because he said he's disappointed that his church doesn't really have one. I told him all about our service this past Sunday and was absolutely SURE to let him know about our upcoming services!...it ended with..."WOW. So where IS your church???" And I GLADLY let him know all about it.
This was an awesome post, Whitney, THANK YOU!!

Unknown said...

Yes, yes, YES!! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to our young men for the drastic change, for the passion, for the persistence, for not giving up... YES! Thanks be to God for allowing us to experience this, for allowing US to be the ones from which the greatest revival in Tulsa has been sparked! PRAISE GOD, backsliders are coming home!! PRAISE GOD, people are being stirred! PRAISE GOD, He's given us boldness. PRAISE GOD, we are victorious in Jesus' name!! YES YES YES!!

God told me something once.... "I've given you so much of my presence and such a great gift. Now... what are you going to do with it?"

CONQUER THE LAND!!!!!!

Thank you, Whitney, for pressing in with us young people the way you have!!

Your Fellow Fighter in Christ,
Kelsi Marie

jen lord said...

awesome post!!!