"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." -Matthew 6:33

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." -Jeremiah 29:11

10.03.2010

::WARNING!!!!:: This is GROSS!!!!!!!!!

So... I'm sitting here, supposed to be working on Economics homework. MYFAVORITETHING... errrr not really! 

Anyways, I came across this webpage and almost THREW UP!!!!! 

Seriously. 

Sooooo for this next section, we're going to play the guessing game. What is the pink stuff in the picture below?? STRAWBERRRRRRY ICE CREAM!!!!!!! Yummmmmmmmmy! =) I've always wanted a giant CARDBOARD BOX full of GINORMOUS twists of strawberry ice cream!!!!!    


.........................
.........................
............................
.................................
.....................................

Folks. The pink stuff in the picture above is CHICKEN. 

MECHANICALLY SEPARATED CHICKEN.

GAG ME.

Let me explain to you what this is. It's basically a process of separating the meat from the bone of the chicken, all done by a high pressure machine. Sometimes a few bones may get ground up in the mix. So you get bones, meat, guts, brains, etc. ground into this wonderful meaty paste. At this point, the meat paste is crawling with alllllll sorts of bacteria so what do we do??? SOAK IT IN AMONIA OF COURSE!!!!!!! Seriously!!! After that, it will have a weeeeirrrrd and disgusting taste (because of the amonia) so we add chicken flavoring. YUMMY!! Then to get rid of the weird pink color, it's artificially dyed. 

This is what hot dogs, bologna, potted meat, chicken nuggets, chicken patties, etc. are made of. 

I don't think I'll eat meat again... (this isn't only done to chicken)

GAG.

Hope you didn't puke all over your computer.

Just a bit of useful information.

=)

-Whitney


3 comments:

Brandon and Cindy Hill said...

That is SICK!

Marissa Wilson said...

OH MY. Really...I don't consider myself to have a "weak stomach" but that makes me wanna go upchuck in the nearest toilet! :O
I think I'm goin' organic! :) lol!

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

I accidentally ran across this post a while back...
And I just want to say that chicken has never tasted the same to me.
Thank you for changing my life. :D
HAHA!

~Bethany~